Elephants, shrines and temples
09.03.2014 30 °C
Things I’ve eaten/done that could possibly lead to diarrhea;
- brushed my teeth using tap water
- tasted every fruit I’ve walked by from food stalls on the side of the road
- eaten in small restaurants where the food/table was covered in ants
- played with local street dogs, then ate a sandwhich
- drank from a stream coming out the side of a cliff in the middle of the jungle
So far, still okay. *high five*
There’s an elephant park near where I’m staying that is made up of a bunch of rescued logging elephants from Sumatra. You could feed and play with them and they’ve made some babies too. Elephants are sweet.
Tomorrow is a holiday where people visit a special water temple and bathe.
Saw a shrine, Gunung Kawi. It was really pretty.
Right now isn’t tourist season so even though this city is known for it’s art and culture, we were the only people in this HUGE art gallery/museum. Like actually the only people. The man working followed us from room to room turning on and off the lights as we went in and out. When you go to museums here you get free drinks.
Today’s challenge; take a photo of you doing something.
This is a photo of me feeding a 32 year old tortoise